Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Way of All Flesh

OK so it's been a while since I posted, about time for an update!

I had quite a busy weekend, starting with a spur-of-the-moment pub crawl on Friday night. Much fun was had, I somehow got home (albeit at 6am) in one piece and snuck in a nanna nap. At 8:30 I was up & at 'em- packed my camera bags & ropes into the van & spent a few hours driving around the countryside. After a delicious Caltex breakfast & a quick 'hello' stop at Simon Carter's house (he just got back from Europe!) I made it to Barden's Lookout in Mt Victoria (Blue Mountains) with young gun Axel Tritton & trusty belay-slave Macca MacPherson in tow.
Despite only being 16, Axel has been climbing at a high level for years. Today we wanted to shoot photos on a classic route called 'The Way of All Flesh' (28/5.13), and also test out some new Fstop bags. Several weeks ago the great fellas at Fstop sent me a range of camera bags to test drive. There are already lots of things I'd love to see improved on the bags, but they are definitely on the right track and are taking the feedback on board- I suspect it won't be long before I am using their bags exclusively!

Anyway it's late & I'm rambling, so to very quickly wrap up the shoot was a great success & I will be using one of the photos for a poster series (more on that soon- they will released at the World Youth Climbing Championships in late August, where I will be heading up the event photography)






1 comment:

Alton G. Richardson said...

That second image is gnarly. I love it! Good stuff. How are those Fstop bags. They seem pretty sweet.